Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Paris


This past weekend we had a class trip to Paris. It was so much fun and so good to go as a big group. Also to have a place to stay and our transportation taken care of, all of our major worries when we travel were dealt with for us.

Its starting to hit me that I can say things like "when I was climbing the Eiffel tower" or "when we were at the Colosseum" or "I can't remember which language I'm speaking some times". We've learned so many little parts of languages to get us by as we travel, that we some times get confused with them. I'm not ready for this to be over. I don't want to leave. Sure I want to see people I love in the states, but I don't want to go back.

You never know how much you've changed until you go back home. I'm about to have the biggest culture shock of my life and realize how much I've changed in a few short months. Whats scary is that I know already that I've changed a lot, so I can't imagine how much it is really going to be. I'm about to walk away from living with 21 people, who yes drive me crazy some times, waking up and dragging myself downstairs for breakfast as we partially acknowledge each other and eat our cereal. To living with 1 person and a dog, I can't imagine what this is going to be like. From dumb class meetings where we discuss "community butter" to the life I used to know...kinda. From walking to the grocery store and to the tube to get places, to driving my car... on the right (i think) side of the road (I'm already realizing how confused I am about what side of the road cars drive on).

I don't have much time left here, but I will make the most of it. I get to celebrate my 22nd birthday in London ... on Saturday. that's awesome! But on the bright side I will be back, I have to come back. As a friend of mine told me "you're ruined now" I know what its like to live here, I'm love with London, the city and its people. I have an obsession with traveling, its rush for some of us. I know live on this side and life on the other will never be the same. I will be back... perhaps to live... (i know mum likes hearing that one;) )

2 comments :

  1. Stephanie Drew said...

    so proud and excited for you!
    have an amazing time.

  2. Shelly said...

    Did you put that in to see if I was paying attention. What is so wrong with the USA or Texas? I miss you and I am proud of who you have become...Luv Ya MUM