Thursday, November 22, 2007

Do I have a story for you....

Tonight we went to see Sound of Music. Which was incredible. So we just watched this great love story, it was awesome we are leaving Oxford Circus on a very happy note. We get to the tube station, and people are running all around us, so we figure we should run too. We run, as we arrive at the platform we realize why people were running, it was the last train of the night. So good thing we ran. We barely make it on some of us getting separated into different cars. It is packed in these cars and we are about to hit one of the busiest tube stops as our first stop. And its about the right time for all the people who just came out of their shows to get on the tube. Awesome.
So the tube becomes even more packed; I thought it was tight before we hit Leicester Square, but boy did I learn. I now have a man's armpit in my face, and I can't move, my arm is stuck up against my chest because I moved it at the wrong moment. In these moments on the tube you usually just don't look at anybody and don't talk about the awkward closeness. Well, we were waiting a few extra seconds to get people on since it was the last train... and these two very drunk ladies come up to our car, and start trying to push their way on. There is no way another 1 person much less 2 is getting in. They then stat yelling in between can you squeeze together anymore, "We're from South Africa. We just beat England in Rugby. World Champions." There is an audible groan through out the train, and any hint of wanting to be nice and try to let them on, was completely gone. Lets just say they didn't make it on.
My friend Brittany was on the tube with me and we were making faces at each other and commenting about the situation, and the girls . When all the sudden she just says to the guy behind me, "how you holding up back there" he is totally pushed up against the doors, and I am totally on top of him. I then apologize, and he just says, not like you can help it. We then had a great conversation with the guy. It was awesome. But the best part was after we got off the tube.
I'm just going to admit right now, he was SO attractive! Like I'm not kidding. And when we had to get off in my head I was going, can't we just go one more stop. And another confession, since we are on the topic of his attractiveness.... The whole time we are talking in my head I'm thinking, in the movies this would be when the main characters totally just start making out. This is how it happens. (I know we've watched a few too many romantic comedy movies this week while trying to get projects done.) And we were so close whilest we were talking that had the train jerked we totally would have kissed. I don't even know if you are getting the full picture of this.
Well we get off the train and we're walking to make it to the next one we have to get on to go home. Brittany start talking about the whole experience, how cute the guy was etc. We get off the tube at the Gloucester Road stop and are still talking about it. Only now we have moved to what we were thinking during the whole experience.... we totally both were thinking, about making out the whole time the conversation was happening. We would be.

It was a great night. Graham aka tube man come back to us. ;)


I just realized you totally could take this so wrong. Think packed tube. Think stressed out, sleep deprived. Think we've watched too many movies. It was totally a funny experience and I'm so glad we have this story now.

2 comments :

  1. Kristina said...

    Haha. I hope he some how stumbles across your blog. Tracks you down. Follows you to America. And then you have thousands of babies together.

    You're fun!

  2. Noel said...

    you should have kissed him. blamed it on a bump. and then gotten his digits. :)

    next time, do it.
    love ya!
    and i especially love living vicariously through your european life :)