Saturday, November 10, 2007

Birthday week.

Holidays have a tendency to jerk you into reality, that is when you aren't living in it.... if you are it might take you out of it. Anyways. This is birthday week, which I love and wish that it happened more than once a year, but its also about that time of the term and our time over here that we start to get home sick. I love London, and I'm going to get home, and 2 months later when the excitement of seeing everybody wears off I'm going to be crying myself to sleep because I miss it. But today especially I can't help but think what I would be doing if I was in B'ham. What would today have held?
I got up this morning and I had heard about this parade and I really wanted to go but I didn't think anyone was going, then I found out at the last minute a lot of people were going... but I wasn't ready... so I didn't get to go. And there were some fireworks tonight but no one else wanted to go, so I didn't push... you know I don't want to be that birthday girl. I did go to Borough Market, which is a food mark and AWESOME! and got a "Prim" at London's oldest pub and then went to china town got some way cheap but really sweet boots, and some Chinese. I spent most of the day with Katie, who I haven't gotten to spend a lot of time with, but I really enjoy when I do get to spend time with her.
I had a great day. There was some drama, but what would my life be with out drama right. I wouldn't know what to do! It has been a great reminder of a day that things do not always turn out as you thought they would.

0 comments :