Thursday, October 11, 2007

Welcome to life.... Here and NOW!

This isn't practice. This isn't rehearsal. This is it.

It seems like a life time ago that camp happened. So much has happened between now and then, but it feels like I just got to London. But in fact camp ended some 61 days ago and I've been in London for 46 days. How is that possible. Where did those days go? In about 30 days I'll be 22. In a mere 60ish days I'll be back in America. WHAT?!?!?! how is that possible? some days it seems like it will never come, they days I want to be sitting on my couch, with Maggie, Brookles, and Lins watching Center Stage and Grey's, talking about Stepsing, and going to SL and playing with some babies. And there are days that I think, I'm a 10 minute tube ride from any thing I could ever want to do, see a play/musical, sure there are like 18 million going on all around me. There are days when I think Dec 2008 can't come soon enough, and then I realize I only get to do this once, and Grad school isn't college, it's almost over, what am I going to do with my life? Never again, most likely, will I live in this great of a place, despite its quirks and drama. I am a tube ride away from 'the pulse of the world', I'm in a safe and very clean area of London; I'll never get this again. Sure school and all the writing get overwhelming, but I'm in London whatever.

I've just been thinking about all that today.

I'm going Italy, I leave the house in 5.5 hours. OH MY GOSH.
I'm going to see this,
and some other really cool stuff in Rome
and then I'm going to see this
and the statue of David in Florence
and then I'm going to see this,
in Pisa
and then spend a few days here,
the beautiful Cinque Terre
and then end it all riding one of these....
in Venice.

and I will ride on one of these too...


alright now that I think you are sufficiently jealous. I expect to come back to a plethora of comments. Bring your friends... it will be great. I know good stories are about to come of this week... we don't speak the same language ... it's going to be GREAT!

1 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    so excited for you!
    amazing opportunities.
    live it up.