Monday, October 8, 2007

there wasn't an outcry for the finishing of that last story, so that and the fact that it has been a busy week ... means I never finished it. If you want the rest ask. I'll tell you.

Few things are going on in the world of Tiffany,

1) one week until fall break... 4 days of class and then I'll be in Italy.
2) Midterms... enough said.
3) His Grace is sufficient for me.
4) We went on a walk around SW1, (an area of London) also known as Westminster City, with a friend of mine's boss today. It was great. He is so knowledgeable. It was good to connect the dots that are the tube stations I know how to get around with but to get to walk it above ground is so much better. I think I'm going to go walk that route again, it was a very historic and beautiful area. It includes, Buckingham Palace, Parliament building, Westminster Abbey, Westminster Choir school, a very famous "Public" (what we'd call private) school the school that Andrew Lloyd Webber and the man who wrote Winnie the Pooh A.A. Milne, Trafalgar Square.
5) He picked out a book for each of the 5 of us who went on the walk. He picked the books based on our major and what we had talked about in the first hour of the walk, we all looked at them later this afternoon... he did an excellent job, they all fit perfectly.
6) This man knowns Margret Thatcher, and she might be coming to a few events his company is throwing including a private birthday party... we've been invited and promised to be introduced and get a picture with her. INCREDIBLE.
He knows all these awesome people, like the presidents of random places. He took us to lunch after the walk and we got to talk a lot about it. Awesome!
7) Did I mention next week is fall break, and this week is midterms. I'm only slightly stressed.
8) ITALY! if you've been you should tell us things not to miss and things we can skip! it would be greatly appreciated.

1 comments :

  1. Rachael Ball said...

    I am envious of you going to Italy. I sure wish I was going with you. Enjoy every moment and make sure you leave enough time to see the vatican... also the line to get into the vatican in the morning is incredibly long but if you wait and go after lunch there is almost no line at all. Also try and just go in random churches you see because they are so breath taking. Make sure you get some really good Gelato which is usually not found in the the heart of the major city's ask one of the locals were the best gelato is because it will change your life when you eat it.

    ah.... I so wish I was going to Italy again....