Sunday, February 17, 2008

Never need a reason if you Step in Time





There are times in your life that you just want back. They were great, they were memories that you will tell your kids about and your grandkids, they will be the uphill in the snow with no shoes story, we all heard so many times. London was one of those times. I'm sure people are sick of the random stories that make no sense to them, but they all mean so much to me. For the past few weeks I have been participating in the phenomenon known as Step Sing at Samford. I love this time of year, maybe even more than Christmas.
Step Sing is one of those things that outsiders just don't understand, but it is what we live for. But with step sing I've also started back in classes on campus, and trying to live a life that I left behind for like 8 months. Trying to reconnect and find my place with friends I haven't seen or spent time with in 8 months, ichat just isn't the same. But also trying to find out where my london loves fit in my life. It has been an odd time of kind of being an outsider, you've got to see what your friends have been doing, and the fun they had while you were gone and try to fit back into that.
This weekend was the actual show for step sing, 3 weeks of practice displayed. But in this week of showing Samford a show we are so proud of and have poured ourselves into, its also the first chance since school started that you really have a chance to hang out with friends that are in other groups, this is somewhat impossible previously, with all the practice, school, and homework schedules. I got to hang out with my girls but I also got to hang out with the crew they've been hanging out with all fall. It was weird how well I felt I knew these people I'd just met, how tight we are... we've hung out like 3 times. One of them has been through this whole process before I did, so its been good to have someone know exactly what is going on, and to see they've made it through. But all of this to say, I think I've found my place back at Samford, yes I'd go back and live in the Daniel House in a heart beat. But I also wouldn't give these times up and the times I know are coming in our future for anything.
Its going to be interesting as the London group find out how to spend time together since some of us don't have the automatic see each other at practice but have also started to find out place back in the Samford world.

And I'd like to end this with I never thought I could love a group of 70 ladies so much. I <3 IL!!!!

1 comments :

  1. Rachael Ball said...

    www.miss-mrs.blogspot.com
    GREAT blog. she's got all these awesome recipes and fun things to buy that are way too expensive ;)

    enjoy