Friday, April 17, 2009

You can never go home again

Today I went to the place I've avoided for 2 months because I knew I would fee like I did. I stood in the place that I learned so much about myself, life, love, and God. A place I call home, I felt home as soon as I pull in. A place where I met my friends, which became my family here. A community that surrounded me for 4 years and love me, and taught me so much, and was so much to me. This place was Samford.

I mean obviously life goes on, I knew that I was leaving Samford and would continue to grow and evolve and thrive. I knew that I would grow and evolve, and thrive out in the real world. However that first time you go home after you've left. To place you love, to a place you feel so comfortable so right. Where so much in your life happened. And you realize for real that you've left SUCKS. You realize the community that you adore and were a part of has changed and so have you.

It is all a part of growing up. That doesn't mean I have to like it. ;)

0 comments :