Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Don't blink or life will pass you by

It seems that life has been moving at the speed of light lately.

We've had some drama with the local gas company and our apartment complex which has meant that we haven't had heat or hot water for a week. Might I mention that it snowed this weekend. I can't get warm, ever. I'm currently sitting in front of a space heater.

I started my job yesterday. I still don't know what to think or if I'm going to enjoy this. I still have yet to do anything. I've sat and read articles, and a book about what I'll be doing, and case files, and I've observed what happens in the day shelter but have yet to do my job. I have met a lot of our clients and I LOVE it. it reaffirms that I want to do social work, however the law interest is also being reaffirmed because the only way I can make real change in a large number of people is working with policies and in Family Law.

I do have to wear a large T-shirt for my job, every day ... its a giant blue shirt. I am already frustrated by this t-shirt. (if you don't know this I absolutely HATE t-shirts, especially if they are too big). Part of how I express my sass is through what I'm wearing, so this is going to be even more of a challenge than I thought it was going to be.

I got an iPhone, it was my pick-me-up this weekend when I was shivering and thinking I was going to be a Popsicle by the end of the weekend. I love it. It is amazing. I already feel like there are things that are much smoother simply because I have my email on me at all times. Its strange. I think it will also be good considering my strange hours I'm going to be working. It is beautiful and in a pretty pink case and I'm still working on a name for it.

For the past two days as I sat in the shelter and read, and observed how things work, I have been introduced to so many "jams" and the sentence, "you heard this one miss tiff?" is constantly being yelled at me. I'm praying to Jesus that Apple Bottom Jeans doesn't come on at any point, I can't control myself when that song comes on, I just have to dance. I will obviously greatly embarrass myself if I do.

And now I'm off to make big kid decisions about health insurance and the like... weird. and I need to bum a shower off someone.

0 comments :