Monday, December 1, 2008

The Book of Life

So I think I just realized, like really realized, that in 2 weeks I'm done with College. I can't go back and do it again. I'm never going to get this 'phase' of my life back. Adulthood and grown-up-ness is on the horizon for me. I have to end a wonderful chapter of my life, and open a new one. There is no option to this, no turning around and trying again. Now in my short life all of these forced chapters like this have opened to more school (for the most part). I mean I didn't want to leave Elementary School, I liked it there it was happy and fun and you got to go to recess. But then I went to Jr. High and I liked that too there was freedom and you changed classrooms a whole lot, and you got to hang out with people at your locker for like a whole minute between classes and then the time came to leave that too and I didn't want that to end either. And then High School, now I know some people hated high school but, I loved it. It was fun, it was EASY! Your problems were so simple, and no one really expected that much of you, I mean you were a teenager what all could you do. And then Senior year came and it flew by and we all said goodbye to our friends and headed on to make new ones. A lot of us in places away from our hometown, where everything was new. And well that was awesome too, and I have made some wonderful friendships. And now as I close this chapter I for a little bit will have a few life chapters with out school. The idea of not going to buy books in January and not spending every night in the Harwell Goodwin sounds great. But I will greatly miss it. I'm thankful for those that have just begun this journey, or have already done it, that will be able to coach and guide me through it. 


I think this next chapter is just scary because it holds so many unknowns. I mean life has always been pretty laid out as to what is coming next. After pre-school is kindergarten, .... after high school is college but there is nothing laid out for this chapter. There are so many options and so much of life to explore and figure out on my own. I'm excited about the challenge but I also hear the first 6 months suck... I've had enough "life sucking" for the past year couldn't I skip that part? 

ps. I've gone back and read a whole lot of my posts and I rarely re-read before I post so there are a lot of typos... I apologize, I'll try to get better at that. 

0 comments :