Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Arm Bites just aren't appreciated...

So I've hit a place where I sincerely miss those Aqua hugs and arm bits and laughs and tears and love; where I truly long to see the faces of my bffs. To hear a small child attempt to say my name while running to give me a huge hug is a dream. Aka I’m realizing how much I appreciate my friends and the family I have constantly surrounding me in Birmingham life and the fun times that we have.

We’ve manage to have some one send us a copy of the last 2 Crimsons (that’s the campus paper for those of you not in on Samford ling). Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, its reminding us of the life going on with out us, of our friends and lives we put on pause to come here. Don’t miss understand this, I’m so glad I’m here, and I’m loving every minute, I would not trade this for anything. But as we are settling in here, and finally in a routine of life, we’re also at the point where we’re getting to experience a rollercoaster of emotions together. And that makes life fun and emotional or something like that.

In the Crimson there is a new column dedicated to seniors, and its hitting home the reality that I’m about to have to leave the Samford Community I love and cherish, and enter the real world. Where you have to get into and go to grad school, have a real job, pay bills, and life your life with out class and committee meetings and dinner on the dirt, or random Samford parites, late nights discussing life.

I am now off to go people watch at Trafalgar Square and hopefully take some fun pictures. I’m heading to Northern Ireland this weekend, it will be great to get out of London and away from the house for a few days.

1 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Please know that yesterday we were doing our prayer and devotion time... talking about how Noah obeyed God by building the ark. Sterling then says: "Noah should get a Smartie!" In other words, Noah deserves a Smartie for being a good listener... how precious is that! We miss your face!