Sunday, August 26, 2007

Here we go...

Well, I'm all packed, not as lightly as I'd liked to have been but I can't seem to make myself cut anything out. I'll send stuff back if I need to. Whatever. I'm looking at my pretty pink suite case and my blue hiking backpack and my duffel/carry-on all sitting together... all ready to go. It still doesn't seem like its going to happen. Like at any point before I get on the plane something is going to happen and I'm not going to get to go. And at this moment I don't know how I'd feel about that, disappointed of course, slightly okay with it. I mean I'd get to stay here and not miss being involved in the lives of all those I love. It's going to be great, I know. Its just hard to know what I'm going to miss. It is easy to leave in the summer and go to camp, everyone is gone, everyone else is going to camp or wherever. But leaving in August, when we just moved into an apartment, everyone is moving into their new apartments, or their dorm rooms. Talking about 'dinner on the dirt' and gearing up for stepsing, classes starting on Monday and the bookstore. Its all lame to sit here and think about, but I am. I know its going to be the semester of my life, and I have one more fall at Samford ahead of me. Its just all running through my head.

My Amazing roommate threw a "themed party" tonight. What was the theme you ask? Well it was London/traveling in Europe. We ate food they eat in London, drank tea and wine from Spain, had something else from France. It was great. Watched a movie about London. It was great. I got to see a lot of my friends and just get to sit and hang out. I loved it and it was a good way to get to say 'see ya later'.

So in a matter of hours, theoretically, I'll be boarding a plane and flying over the pond. And my next post shall be from LONDON, UK!

1 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070826/en_nm/britain_carnival_dc;_ylt=AiMmezVnYG7981QEC8oO9iADW7oF

    Please tell me you made it in time for that! Hope your trip is safe!